Privacy and Cookies
Out of the Blue is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Out of the Blue may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 3/09/2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information provided voluntarily by you e.g name, contact information including email address when you register for information or make a purchase.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you accessed. This information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. Such information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide you with details of similar goods or services, which may be of interest to you.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented to you in the most effective way.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us such as when an item is purchased.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Unfortunately the transmission of information through the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
This website sets performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
This website uses targeting cookies in the form of Google +1. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interestests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality by the pther organisation.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 subject to a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Out of the Blue, 32 Fore Street, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5RP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.